Modifying Existing Plans For Child Custody And Support

Even when parents have come up with an agreeable, detailed parenting plan at the time of divorce, circumstances can change unexpectedly, making existing plans no longer suitable for your needs. When this happens, a qualified lawyer can help you request a modification of the orders.

At The Bruner Law Firm in Atlanta, I tailor my approach to meet the unique parenting goals of my clients. Even if we have worked together before on creating your existing parenting plan, I understand that significant changes can happen in your financial and social life that may require you to make adjustments.

Making Changes To Your Support Agreements

Experiencing big changes in you or your co-parent's financial status can significantly impact your child's source of support. Because this happens to many parents, the Georgia Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) accepts applications to review existing child support plans. It is important to keep in mind that these reviews may take up to six months. This is dependent on factors like how long it may take to verify your income and whether you or your co-parent is located out of state. At the same time, you will be required to pay a nonrefundable fee of $100 upon completion of your review. I understand that every situation is unique, and I am here make your request for support modification as feasible as possible, including informing you on your options for financial assistance along the way.

Updating Your Custody Rights

When it comes to establishing custody, the well-being of children comes first. If there has been a change of circumstances for you and your co-parent in a way that affects the best interests of your child, I can help you request a modification of your custody orders. Some common circumstantial changes that inspire custody modification include when the custodial parent moves, or if your child has requested a change him or herself. If you are not sure whether your needs qualify for a modification of your existing orders, I can help you assess your situation and help you come up with the best possible solution for both you and your children.

Learn More About Custody And Support Modifications

There are many aspects of seeking modification that require the experience of a family law attorney. To learn more about how I can help you, you can schedule a consultation by contacting The Bruner Law Firm online, or by calling 404-348-8953 or toll free at 866-544-0951.